Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectEric Roberson post about Dilla
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=57391&mesg_id=57434
57434, Eric Roberson post about Dilla
Posted by JtothaI, Mon Feb-13-06 09:18 PM
from his meesage board at www.ericrobersonmusic.com

I feel him on the insurance thing...i don't think a single record company offers its artists health insurance....

Erro
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:10:35 AM

i dont really know how to start this.. if you know me, really really know me, u would know that j dilla is my favortie producer hands down, and one of my favorite artist. other than myself he has the most songs in my ipod.. just an incredible talent.. if you have the vault vol one, that is dilla playing drums on "when love calls"... as well as the drums on the much leaked "pretty girl" off my next album.. he has inspired me as a producer a great deal.. ive studied his music just as much as any other producer over the last 8 yrs..
so it hurts a great deal to have one of my heroes lose his battle. dude should be a legend, but i fear ppl will never realize how much hes inspired. my prayers go out to him and his fam..

what i want to add, and this may have nothing at all to do with dilla's death.. i repeat.. this may not have anything to do with dilla's death but it needs to be mentioned..
its time for entertainers in general to mk sure they have health insurance. and this is coming from a person who doesnt have it.. i can no longer roll the dice on my health, or even worse push off getting things taking care of cuz i dont feel like paying for it out of my pocket.. there is no obvious health plan for musicians, singers, producers, comedians, actors, etc.. i know cats mking a killing and they dont have health insurance...
its time yo.. it really is not a game.. i will be posting some info very soon for anyone who is interested.. and i dont mean to exclude others.. we all need to have it. once again its not a game, and a lot of things can be taken care of if its discovered in time.. but it cant be taken care of if your not willing to go get help..