Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectit what disturbs me about my youth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=1745&mesg_id=1978
1978, it what disturbs me about my youth
Posted by loopdigga, Wed Dec-22-04 09:13 AM
As a teenager in the 80's "cool" was defined on my block as

"having what the next cat wasnt up on"

But think about how stupid I was thinking my GEORGETOWN jacket was some rare shit nobody else had?

We spent alot time and money during the 80's trying to shit on the next man via clothes, chains, whatever. But if we all in the hood what does it matter??

It's like the cat who got a grip pushing weight, he dont leave the block cause he need to stay and shit on folks with his money. So he parks his 600 BENZ in front of his mother's house where he stays in the basement he has pimped out with the boomin system and big screen TV.

Now mainstream would say he is a loser but we on the block think that nigga is cool.

Poverty and lack of self esteem push us into trying to be cool.

He would never sign with a NL team at this point in his career, after he's hit a million fucking batters. Obviously its a different story coming straight out of high school dumbass. And did he sign with Houston? NO. So youre point is moot, just like everything else thats coming out of your mouth - 3xCrazy on Roger Clemens in 6/2002