Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectmy retort.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=1745&mesg_id=1866
1866, my retort.
Posted by braille, Tue Dec-21-04 11:31 AM
that's what i got off this post. it seemed to come off to me in a manner that was condicending to run dmc and hip hop (and "regular black folks") in general. but that's just how i took it.

it's free cause i *choose* to wear the uniform. i like the uniform. if i like the uniform, does that make me all that i am. do the clothes make the man? i'on't know.

i didn't feel he was saying that we need to abolish *all* cool. anti and regular. i felt he was coming from the anti cool stand point, hince his use of the george quote.

if he was saying that all of this *cool* shit is retarded, i agree really. and i appolgize for reading into it wrong. i just felt it had a certain tone toward "norms".

haha...we prolly are just some weird muthafuckas. but then again, how is it that e'rry single "urban" artist has coldplay coming out there mouths. brandy did a song deticated to them even.

one of the top 10 albums in the country is an album feat. jay-z and linkin park.

jay did a show w/ phish for god sake.

i think the worlds alot more like us than you are thinking.