Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectit's official: this post is brilliant.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=156855&mesg_id=157064
157064, it's official: this post is brilliant.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Mar-08-11 09:56 AM
I clicked on it to see the punchline, to see if there was a "david bammer"-type, Woodwardian breakdown of how homosexual tastemakers assembled producers to have rappers singing hooks urging men to love each other romantically. (I still maintain, that the Flo Rida song is the only example of such... I wonder if he knew that shit when he signed up)

there were some eye catching words: "Jews", "homosexuals", "pedophiles"... but if you read the post, the homophobia is minimal. the underlying idea is that perhaps, it is a big deal that the supposedly homosexual tastemakers in the industry are infiltrating hip-hop now that all the other fads have run their course, but if you're being as fair as you can while suspending disbelief, Garhartt does not cite this as a "bad" thing. Many of the replies seem to imply that it is.

It's partly reaction to the messenger (who has a track record), and partly some other shit.

This post exploded in the most hilarious way. To the point, I think that the mods should archive it once it's run its course.