Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectNo, I totally get your point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=156855&mesg_id=157041
157041, No, I totally get your point.
Posted by tREBLEFREE, Tue Mar-08-11 11:00 AM
>perhaps 'lifestyle' is a bit strong as it pertains to what I'm
>talking about

Try "wrong" instead of "a bit strong"

>take Stephen Hill over at BET, for example

I don't have it verified that Stephen Hill is gay, I haven't fucked him. How do you know?

o_0

EVEN IF Stephen Hill IS gay, his sexuality has nothing to do with his decisions as a music programmer.

The softening of a culture or rounding its' edge off does NOT equate to it being gay - that's my only point to you. Your use of that term "homo" to describe this was wrong.

Deny it if you want, but as I see it, the MAIN point of your post is that the diversity, richness and toughness of the music is gone. That has ZERO to do with sexuality dude.

?uest opined once that the Reagan era was the best for Hip-Hop because we suffered the most. I think that argument best describes the angle you're going for.

>>homosexuality is no more a lifestyle than heterosexuality is.
>
>actually they're both lifestyles that come out of personal
>proclivities, if you're speaking on a social level

That's bullshit GP. You knew it when you typed it...LOL...don't kick that Damon Wayans jail brainiac shit up in here...

"LET ME EXPLAIN MY DEFECATION...EXCUSE ME...PROCLAMATION..."

>>Is the fact that you love pussy a "lifestyle"?
>>
>
>we both know there's more to it than that, you're being obtuse

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME FOR THE CONGREGATION

>we both know there's more to it than that

EXACTLY.

The fact of being naturally attracted to who you are attracted to sexually is deeper than a "lifestyle". It's your orientation.

Now, WITHIN your orientation, you may have a 'certain' type of female (male in my case) that you go for or that turns your crank over most others. THAT'S lifestyle.

AND LMAO @ you calling ME obtuse in this motherfucker. You generalized gays in the OP AND in agreeing with somebody in this post for the basis of your argument that the industry has softened the talent pool. How's that for obtuse?

>when someone tells you 'you wanna be a star? you do this and
>you'll be one, and if not you owe me millions of dollars'
>that's strongarming someone

DUDE
COME
ON!!!

THAT'S BOOLSHIT!!!

You know DAMN well that ain't how that shit starts out. These dumb ass kids get wooed by the benefits without reading up on the business of what they're actually getting into, and then they cry about the bullshit later.

Prince did it.

Michael Jackson did it.

So to see younger acts doing it ain't NOTHIN' new.

If your whole post is about how the industry has weakened the image of the black male through the music, or if your post is about the lack of diversity, richness and toughness in the music these days, you needed more research to construct your argument.

What about the people who AGREE to be the pawns for what seems to be a bigger payout without reading up on how important their publishing is?

>the industry has ALWAYS done this, it's not new

EXACTLY.

If a nigga is dumb enough to sign up to be a fool, he deserves to get took...that's how I see it. We all can hire lawyers and read...if we choose not to be educated about what we're signing, that ain't NO jewish cats' fault.

>and as far as the post office is concerned, rappers would
>probably make out better by trying to get on there
>at least there you'll make 19 an hr going in the door and you
>don't have to worry about going into debt just by signing your
>name on a piece of paper

Try telling that to the dumb ass kids who signed the paper - NOT US DUDE. Like I said, your argument is flawed...you wanna have pity for people who set their own selves up in dumb situations?

Nigga please ŠThe Late Great Russell Jones

tREBLEFREE & DVS Jackson are:
The Waldorf And Statler Experience
Balcony Music

Volumes 1, 2 & 3 available now at http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com