Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectdont buy into the lifestyle then
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=156855&mesg_id=157012
157012, dont buy into the lifestyle then
Posted by justin_scott, Mon Mar-07-11 02:37 PM
hip hop has definitely gotten softer since the 90's, when gangsta rap was def. huge. but then again, that's good. there was way too much fake thugging going on anyway. plus, no trend lasts too long anyway. this era of hip hop will change as well. your post reads like you're worried they will transform you into a gay man thru hip hop music. still plenty of great music, still plenty of gangsta shit out there if that's what you're into or need.

for those of us that've been around since the 80's, rap has lost it's "dangerous" appeal, and maybe some people miss that. i don't. as long as there is still great hip hop music coming out (there is).

p.s. seen a few people mention skinny jeans. y'all must be young as hell. skinny jeans ain't new to hip hop. i mean, i don't care for the ultra emo/electronica hip hop myself, but let's not act like they're selling us a lifestyle. they ain't selling me shit i don't want to buy.