Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectYou're hypothesizing while Im talking facts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=126669&mesg_id=126772
126772, You're hypothesizing while Im talking facts
Posted by Young H, Mon Jul-20-09 09:47 AM
the fact is *he* promised us Act 2 on Christmas Day of 2007. I havent seen anyone do much more than expect him to stick to his word.

I said nothing about substantiating his craft. I said he had a buzz built up and the way Hip-Hop typically works is showing and proving through putting out albums. it especially works this way for newcomers. show me where Im wrong here

(I know, JE isnt typical Hip-Hop, he's an enity from another world. my reply: FOH)

Blu kind of just showed up out of nowhere with a stellar debut, all Jay Elec has givne us is strings of bootlegs, outtakes, snippets and the cosigns of people we respect who have really made their mark already.

Im not calling his quality into question, I happen to think he's very dope. But for all of your maybe scenarios, maybe he's unmotivated and complacent. You dont think every dope producer that knows of him has been dying to get him on a song?

I'll be surprised if 1 out of those 5 or 6 projects named from thae sweeneykovar piece ever sees the day of light

2008 it was like "he's magic, he has a masterplan that we just arent ready for yet", going into 2010 it's "you need more people"

and i've yet to see an explanation for the contradiction of being stauchly against corporate hip-hop and somehow being BFF with Puff Daddy

this is all hogwash until proven otherwise