Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson Archives
Topic subjectLOL at Jay Electronica ALWAYS missing studio sessions.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=126669&mesg_id=126669
126669, LOL at Jay Electronica ALWAYS missing studio sessions.
Posted by High Society, Sun Jul-19-09 12:34 AM
From an interview with Alchemist:

Alchemist: My two favorite rappers that are new are Blu and Jay Electronica. I wouldn’t even say they are new because they’ve both been around. They’re so incredible because I feel like they still have that artistic integrity, which hasn’t been compromised by getting a big deal or catering to the radio, which I can’t say for this new crop of artists. But it still feels like labels are mad at those two. I like the rappers that are making the labels tight!

AllHipHop.com: And Jay Electronica?

Alchemist: He is like the wind. He is not a rapper! He is like a spirit. The first time I met him he was supposed to come over at night. Didn’t show up at all. Next morning he’s knocking on my door. So I’m like, “What’s up?” He’s like, “You want to just go for a walk?” It was the weirdest s*** ever! I was like, “Uh…Word! Hell yea!” We rolled up some weed, it was a Sunday morning and we walked all the way to the West Side Highway just chopping it up about life and everything. He asks mad questions and acts like a student, but he’s a teacher.

Just, Alchemist, Questlove, Puff... ALWAYS LOOKING TO GET THIS GUY IN THE STUDIO.