Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectWii Component Cable Problems...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=92121
92121, Wii Component Cable Problems...
Posted by HighVoltage, Sun Jan-21-07 05:34 PM
this is reallly strange.

i hooked it up with the component cables, went to the settings to switch screen res. to 480p, done. everything looks fine in the settings menu. then i go back to the wii homescreen and the top 1/5 of the screen is all wavy and out of wak. which 1) pisses me off. 2) doesnt make sense since the settings screen is fine.

Anyone else have a similar problem or any advice? It might be because they are fucking 3rd party cables (React is the brand), but the Nintendo official ones are way overpriced... i got these at BestBuy for 20 bucks or so.
92125, RE: Wii Component Cable Problems...
Posted by TAYREL713, Sun Jan-21-07 06:35 PM
Don't have that problem but I might have an idea how to fix it. There is a screen position option in the Wii menu, also make sure your TV size is set correctly as well.
92126, RE: Wii Component Cable Problems...
Posted by HighVoltage, Sun Jan-21-07 07:04 PM
>There is a screen position option in the Wii menu, also
>make sure your TV size is set correctly as well.

everything is set up fine. i dont know why its fucking up. The fact that 85% of the screen is fine except for the top part is whats confusing to me.
92129, that avy looks like something i would use
Posted by 58impala, Sun Jan-21-07 07:29 PM
92131, i was thinking of you when i chose it (no homo)
Posted by HighVoltage, Sun Jan-21-07 07:35 PM
92132, well i want to know what the cats were thinkin (no beasto)
Posted by 58impala, Sun Jan-21-07 07:36 PM
92291, i also have this problem with best buy-bought react wii cables
Posted by squeeg, Mon Jan-22-07 11:39 PM
Only, mine are S-Video. I assumed it was the TV, but after reading your problem, it's probably the cables. It seems to happen when there's an abundance of white on the screen.

Posted by squeeg, Mon Jan-22-07 11:46 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/11/psa-best-buy-selling-wii-component-s-video-cables/#c2903496

I notice the same sound problems, as well. I thought it was because I'd recently adjusted my home theater speaker settings, but I'll use my original composite cables and see if there's a difference.