Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectit benefits more than the pros
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303209&mesg_id=304005
304005, it benefits more than the pros
Posted by IkeMoses, Thu Oct-25-18 08:03 PM
simple shit like anti-airing, throw teching, and reacting to dash ins are more reliable now.

it's still big boy damage. it's still strong offense and weak defense. crush counters, stun combos, VT robbery, all that. it's not for everybody. i love that shit tho. but i love ST and HF, games with legit touch of death, no mix-up necessary just one jump-in.

my biggest issue with the game is the lack of neutral, and this is a major course correction. SFV might actually have legit footsies now. already: fools doing the classic SFV neutral jump on knockdown? that's fake. shimmies are still there, but they got nerfed. dash cancels across the board is catching Ls (much to my Laura's chargin). the game got cleaner and more honest overnight.

the downside to this is that online might be worse than it's been since season 1. it seems the lag reduction is making the game more likely to desync. i haven't had many smooth matches since the update.