Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectFortnite/PUBG- Battle Royale games. Y'all playing?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=303154
303154, Fortnite/PUBG- Battle Royale games. Y'all playing?
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Dec-27-17 12:17 PM
I grabbed Fortnight for XB1 since it's free and in closed Beta.

Pretty darn fun. Can seem empty at times, but I really dig it. Took all the best parts of multiplayer shooters and just made a game out of it. All for yourself, all the time, to the victor go the spoils (except if you squad up).

Actually I might just grab PUBG since i think it's only $30. Just waiting to hear if they worked some of the bugginess out of it.

I can see where some other games might introduce this as a mode. I mean most shooters have a everyman for himself mode, but the scavenging, shrinking area of engagement parts I can see other games doing as well.

Imagine Gears of War, Destiny or COD with that mechanic. Insanity!

Anyways, y'all up on this?

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
303155, I have hundreds of hours in PUBG
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Wed Dec-27-17 12:34 PM
the new release is nice it worked out alot of the bugs

but the lag can be bad at the beginning

the new map is just ok, i like the old map better

its the best and worst game youve ever played, thats the only way i can describe it
303157, I can't pull the trigger on these
Posted by SynsCei, Thu Dec-28-17 02:33 PM
and purchase. Though I haven't played PUGB, I've seen plenty of streamers on Twitch play it and it just doesn't appeal to me. Specifically the looting...

For the time being, I play Squad, BF1, and BF4 for my FPS fix.
303169, Fortnite BR is free btw
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Sat Dec-30-17 04:02 PM
303162, Waiting for them to fix the Xbone version of PUBG.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Thu Dec-28-17 06:05 PM
If they can get it to a solid 30 fps and get rid of some of the jank I'd jump on it.
303163, *shrug* I play the hell out of it now
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Dec-28-17 06:46 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
303386, You on an S or an X?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Feb-26-18 03:27 AM
A friend of mine actually copped it for me, but I played one game and was like "yeah, this is janky AF".

He said it plays a lot better on the X though.

303398, I don't have an X, I've mostly been playing on my launch console
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Mar-05-18 05:18 PM
w/ a busted disc drive.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
303170, They are doing a good job fixing issues on PC PUBG
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Sat Dec-30-17 04:02 PM
the rubberbanding is almost completely gone
303377, I wanna play PUBG hella fuckin bad!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sun Feb-18-18 12:31 PM
Dat shit is just sitting in my Steam wishlist waitin for me ta pull da trigger. I got a homey thas on it too so when I do cop, Ima have a squad ta run wit but yeah, I'm basically just procrastinating on some dumb shit.

can't wait doe.
I'll letchall ninjaz know when I cop.

Someone school me on the overall "battle royale" dynamic:
Is it basically just a "last man standing" type deal ALA Socom?
What does "battle royale" entail, my damiez(c)PootyTang

303378, just think of Hunger Games or the OG BattleRoyale movie
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Sun Feb-18-18 04:19 PM
you literally fall out of plane and choose where to go

you can land in a concentrated area where theres lots of loot but also lots of people and get in a fight early

or you can land in an out of the way place and try to just last to the end

theres loot and buildings and vehicles everywhere

you can be aggressive or super passive or somewhere inbetween

To really get an idea of what its like i recommend watching some streamers on twitch play, just go to twitch look under pubg and look at the guys with the most viewers and watch

i highly recommend someone like chocotaco
303381, Yo, good lookin out Troop, finna watch dem shits right NAH!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Mon Feb-19-18 05:39 PM
303384, Speaking of this, any yall up on Last Man Standing?....
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Wed Feb-21-18 07:41 PM
While I was on the Battlegrounds Steam page, I stumbled upon the "similar games" menu and LMS popped up. Curiosity got me so I'm dnld'n it now as I type this.

Granted, I'm a 3ps vet, I'm still new to this Battle-Royale genre in specific. Lookin forward to this, I'll be back inna couple hours to letchall know what I think about LMS. Looks kinda dope!

303385, Aight, so I fuxed widdit:
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Thu Feb-22-18 11:20 PM
Last Man was my first foray into the 'battle royale' loot-style format and yeah...I can dig it.

I know for a fact that Ima cop PUBG now.

303393, Fortnite is fucking huge
Posted by mrshow, Sat Mar-03-18 10:07 PM
Seems like it lapped PUBG around January or so. Saw some teachers on twitter remark it's all their students are talking about.
303432, I've played both, like PUBG a little better
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Mar-21-18 09:34 AM
Fortnite is cool, its a bit arcade-ish than PUBG. Also while I know building things are a big aspect of it I feel like the building is too fast almost to the point its cartoonish when someone builds some crazy structure in a few seconds. I know to some people that's the appeal of it. I notice the younger folks may enjoy this a bit more, maybe the Minecraft generation.

PUBG has one major aspect that I enjoy way more and that's tension. Doesn't matter if its the very start of the match or its only you and one other person left, the game feels tense the entire time. There is nothing to build, you hide behind only what's there. I seriously feel like I'm being watched every second I'm alive in this game. I think the guns work a bit better here also. Both suffer from cheating on the PC. I've played Fortnite and saw someone straight up stop and look at a wall I was behind then run through and turn and shoot like they knew I was there the entire time even though I was standing still. I also loaded PUBG up and have the house textures not load. This resulted in me being able to see straight through everything. Granted that was more of a glitch and not a cheat I think a while back PUBG banned close to a million accounts that set off its anti cheat alarm.
303497, played PUBG on my phone
Posted by mista k5, Thu Apr-19-18 03:42 PM
its fun but i dont play games too often. i also would like to use a controller, not sure if it would work but it would probably be unfair.

i think i got 40th the first time and won the second time.

i want to play it on the shield tv.