Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRIP Marvel Heroes Omega (Shutting Down 12/31)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=302985
302985, RIP Marvel Heroes Omega (Shutting Down 12/31)
Posted by DVS, Thu Nov-16-17 09:56 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/marvel-heroes-is-closing-down/

If you aren't familiar with this game, it's been around since 2013 on the PC and recently made the jump to Console this year.

Think Diablo III but with Marvel Characters. Since those are two of my favorite things, I took to it like a duck to water when I saw it pop up in the Xbox Marketplace.

I was completely unaware of the turmoil going on behind the scenes and how many of the PC fanboys left en masse when the developer made the gamble to pull us console players in. Kinda sucks...it was F2P but in the short amount of time it was online, I personally spent $100 on it because I was so obsessed with getting access to characters and leveling them up.

Well...so much for THAT shit....I have to find a new obsession now.

D
302987, Brave new era of online focused gaming sucks
Posted by BigReg, Thu Nov-16-17 10:58 AM
Like if you copped the console you only got 6 months worth of gaming before, boom...gone.
302988, Damn, I liked that game
Posted by Boogiedwn, Thu Nov-16-17 12:35 PM
think I spent $20 on some shit

302989, damn. well, maybe we can get a new Ultimate Alliance type joint
Posted by Laz aka Black Native, Fri Nov-17-17 12:39 AM
303004, This game doesn't deserve an anchor for dying
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Tue Nov-21-17 03:39 PM
I say this as someone that has played it. It's not like they're shutting down WOW or Diablo.
303020, I loved the game
Posted by DVS, Mon Nov-27-17 10:58 AM
give it the damn anchor.
303014, Shutdown Early | Happy Thanksgiving?
Posted by Boogiedwn, Fri Nov-24-17 10:41 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/23/marvel-heroes-developer-gazillion-reportedly-shut-down-game-to-close-early

The developer of Marvel Heroes, Gazillion, has been reportedly shut down with all its staff laid off the day before Thanksgiving.

This comes via multiple employees on Twitter, who claim they were laid off without their PTO or severance pay. The closure comes after Disney and Marvel shut down Gazillion's free-to-play action RPG, Marvel Heroes. According to a MassivelyOP tipster, Marvel Heroes will now be shut down on Friday, rather than the original December date.

"We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down," Marvel said last week in a statement. "We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community, and will provide any further updates as they become available."
303015, I just started this game a few days before the shut down announcement.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Nov-24-17 04:03 PM
Also, hate to see they shafted one of my favorite podcasters Anthony Gallegos.