Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: how is the loot in this game?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=302944&mesg_id=302982
302982, RE: how is the loot in this game?
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Nov-14-17 03:55 PM
>does the loot make the game better?

nope.

>does it affect the combat in a positive way?

nope. i much prefer having really unique weapons you can upgrade and get attached to, instead of generic, disposable weapons with little subtleties separating them.

>do you find yourself gravitating to
>numbers rather than weapons?

yes and no. there are a couple things to consider beyond just the raw numbers. the first is the weapon type. i'll stick with a balanced sword a couple levels lower than some dual blades (which are quick but have no range and little power). status effects are another consideration. i might get a new sniper bow with higher numbers, but if my current is a legendary that sets people on fire i'll rock with it a little longer. so it depends.

>do you think you'll eventually
>be able to brute force your way through encounters, relying on
>loot numbers, rather than engaging with the combat mechanics?

not really. no matter how powerful your weapons are, fighting a half dozen dudes at or around your level is a quick way to die. the AI is pretty good at not just standing around and mixing you up. the lower level grunts will back off and shoot arrows at you while the brutes are in your face with moves you can't block. one on one you can just LeBron your way through anybody (except certain bosses), but most encounters aren't one on one unless you ninja it.