Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI absolutely love the setting and art. (spoilers for the first 5 hours)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=302944&mesg_id=302946
302946, I absolutely love the setting and art. (spoilers for the first 5 hours)
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Oct-31-17 02:48 PM
I told my girl to smack me if I start saying hotep things.

I don't love the flashback storytelling, though. The game starts off very disjointed and incoherent. It feels mad amateurish. Which is a shame because the writing and acting is decent.

They've done great things with streamlining movement and stealth. The game has some of the best open world architecture ever too. Lots of nooks and crannies to climb on and hide in.

The combat is just as gimmicky as ever. For years it's been Arkham-lite. Now it's Souls-lite. It's clunky. I'm going to avoid melee as much as I can and stick to bows and the hidden blade (whenever I get that...I'm four hours in and still no hidden blade, yo). I wish they would look at Mark of the Ninja and limit open combat options altogether and really encourage stealth, but that's not going to happen.

I appreciate the return of outside the Animus exploring. The dream of modern day Assassin's is still alive.

All in all this is a good AC game. So far, it's probably my 4th favorite in the series. Ahead of Black Flag, but behind Syndicate (Syndicate is underrated). I love AC games, though. I'm just not sure if it's going to turn anybody around on the series. I'd like for them to keep spreading out releases and letting the franchise breathe like this.