Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectGran Turismo Sport. Preparing for disappointment now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=302870
302870, Gran Turismo Sport. Preparing for disappointment now
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Oct-17-17 12:02 PM
Given the lacking number of cars and main focus on online racing I'm mentally preparing for a vastly different gaming experience than the previous entries and tempering my expectations as such. Still, I'm sure the driving itself will be sublime (collision damage notwithstanding) and the car models to be some of the best this side of an automaker's CAD drawing.

Ordered on Amazon, so it should be waiting for me when I get home. Then comes the downloads, update, DLC code for my money and cars, and the inevitable server maintenance issues.
302871, I have it installed. haven't played yet.
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Oct-17-17 01:36 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
302873, What's your gamertag? I'll look for you once I'm installed
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Oct-17-17 04:02 PM
Can't even remember what pre-order bonus items I got
302874, rjccviii
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Oct-17-17 04:09 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
302877, let me know how this is
Posted by ne_atl, Wed Oct-18-17 12:43 PM
I was going to buy a PS4 just for this game
302889, Wait, so it's JUST online or "arcade mode"?
Posted by stravinskian, Sun Oct-22-17 11:44 AM

I know I shouldn't have expected Gran Turismo 7 when they didn't actually call it that. But there's not even a reason to purchase a car if you don't want to play online?

I should have read up a bit before purchasing. Arcade mode could be occasional fun, but that and driving school is hardly worth the $70 or whatever that I paid for this. If you're not doing online races, this is basically just a demo game.
302913, I see me getting a driving wheel for this
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Oct-25-17 11:35 PM
Lovely but limited is my initial impression after playing a few days.