Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectThanks for the feedback
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=302833&mesg_id=302868
302868, Thanks for the feedback
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Oct-16-17 06:24 PM
You're right about the term 'web design' being a generic label.

I thought to maybe use 'Digital Design' or 'Front End Development' or 'Web Design & Development' but my sense is that small businesses wouldn't understand what Front End Development is.

Digital Design might mean graphic design or logo design and I don't feel confident in my skills (really my education) to pull either off.

And while WordPress theme development is something I'd like to include in my list of services, my experience is limited so it wouldn't be fair to list Web Development.

I've worked doing PHP development or Joomla theme development but that was years ago and my skills aren't strong enough to feel comfortable charging someone for development work.

Using a more contemporary or clever descriptor might help with the level of competency my brand suggests, but my guess is that most small business owners or entrepreneurs aren't sophisticated with their tech knowledge, especially the development of websites. So, I agree that using Web Design isn't very imaginative but does get the point across.

But to answer your question about my specialties, my strengths, in order, are HTML and CSS, web interface design, JS, jQuery and CMS theme development.