Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectxone is definitely lacking in exclusives
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301841&mesg_id=301844
301844, xone is definitely lacking in exclusives
Posted by bearfield, Fri Feb-24-17 01:02 AM
only a few MS exclusives haven't made their way to PC if i'm not mistaken. sunset overdrive and killer instinct? are there more?

it seems like it's the worst platform for 3rd party games as it's almost always the one system running at a reduced resolution (and not by much, maybe 900p vs PS4's 1080p) on digital foundry comparison videos

but the backwards compatibility function is huge. i'm considering picking up an s exclusively for my current and future 360 games collection

and it's the best media hub if you don't have a PC, partly because the ps4 is terrible at being a media hub (but great at being a video game system). if i didn't have a pc i'd have a xone and would probably be thinking about a scorpio

it has the best console online service so it probably pulls more sales for MP-focused 3rd party games (CoD, battlefront/field, fifa/madden/2k(?)). i believe i remember seeing some report that they had somewhat narrowed the units sold through/shipped lead that ps4 had established

i think they're doing fine. they're just getting crushed in the exclusivity department for a small but growing subset of gamers, i.e. PC gamers that also want/have a console