Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: i think it depends on what you grew up on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301275&mesg_id=301393
301393, RE: i think it depends on what you grew up on
Posted by bearfield, Wed Dec-14-16 01:43 PM
>But when yall come in here with some "THESE GAMES FUCKING
>SUCK JHAOUFDADFAODHFASLDFASD!!!!!"
>
>And some ol passive aggressive bullshit then yes, you become
>like a youtube comment section. That's what derails a post.

i think you're conflating sarcasm with passive aggressiveness. wouldn't passive aggressiveness be something like, "yeah i guess you could like that game..." with no stated point? avoiding addressing the issue?

>We understand that not everyone is going to like everything
>about certain games, that's fine. When I don't like something
>and give my reasons I try not to shit on someone else for
>enjoying something I don't "get". Not going to try to force
>anyone to not like it because I don't.

who said that paps or anyone else has bad taste because they like these games? all i see is severe criticism of elements of ND products

>That sounds like some personal stuff you got going on that may
>stop you from enjoying some things if you're looking THAT deep
>into a source of entertainment. It's honestly not that
>serious and I'm glad I don't have that kinda outlook. It's
>just TV and games. If I wanted truly real and authentic I'd
>watch a documentary.

it's super personal stuff

idk what to tell you, man. sometimes i'm bewildered when someone else can't see something that is patently obvious to me. and i think it is that serious. there is a lot of hard work that goes into making tv and games. thousands of man-hours to produce a 30 minute to 6 hour experience for the audience. i'm blown away that ND spends so many of those hours on the non-gameplay elements of their games. it's like a tv show spending half their budget on set design instead of hiring writers. why spend so much time coming up with 10 different "reload behind cover" animations when the game's controls are loose and unresponsive? isn't this a video game and not an animation software suite demo?

but that's just how i feel. don't take my criticism of a game you like as an attack on your sensibilities. idk if i'm somehow implying it (not intending to) or you're inferring it but i'm only talking about the game itself and not the people who like it