Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: i think it depends on what you grew up on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301275&mesg_id=301390
301390, RE: i think it depends on what you grew up on
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Dec-14-16 08:05 AM
But when yall come in here with some "THESE GAMES FUCKING SUCK JHAOUFDADFAODHFASLDFASD!!!!!"

And some ol passive aggressive bullshit then yes, you become like a youtube comment section. That's what derails a post.

We understand that not everyone is going to like everything about certain games, that's fine. When I don't like something and give my reasons I try not to shit on someone else for enjoying something I don't "get". Not going to try to force anyone to not like it because I don't.

And c'mon with that what you grew up on stuff. Some of us are older, and I know myself grew up in the atari era. I avoided ghost and ate fuckin dots to get to the next level. The first bit of story I can even remember is "sorry the princess is in another castle". Doesn't mean I can't enjoy a game with a heavy narrative. And can we please stop with this whole bullshit "its the zombie apocalypse why are we killing survivors?" Because these same survivors are going to kill you to steal what little supplies you have because we live in a lawless world now. Does no one remember the original "Night of the Living Dead" series? Everything I can remember dealing with zombies the humans are far shittier to each other and probably more of a threat. But whatever.

>i would
>love to be able to experience games like this in the way that
>y'all do but all i can see is the seams. the same goes for tv
>and movies. all i can think about is the location of the
>cameras and the sides that are hidden on an actor's person or
>taped under a chair

That sounds like some personal stuff you got going on that may stop you from enjoying some things if you're looking THAT deep into a source of entertainment. It's honestly not that serious and I'm glad I don't have that kinda outlook. It's just TV and games. If I wanted truly real and authentic I'd watch a documentary.