Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectlooks like it's going to be a very mixed bag
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301059&mesg_id=301989
301989, looks like it's going to be a very mixed bag
Posted by bearfield, Thu Mar-16-17 02:14 PM
the combat seems like it will be really fun once you get a good number of skill points distributed and can jump jet around, tossing biotic and tech towards enemies at will. in the giant bomb livestream they mention that the entire game was lead by the ME3 multiplayer design team and it shows

the human characters look awful. unequivocally. non-combat animations are bad across the board. their faces look like inexpressive dolls and there is a very action figure-y quality to all of them, e.g. they look like they're made of plastic and their proportions are slightly cartoonish. i don't know if we've all been spoiled by the witcher and uncharted but it seems like a flagship game developed by one of the largest and most successful developers and publishers in the history of the medium would have way more polish in the "talking to folks" part of the game. the GB livestream archive is one of the most enjoyable pieces of content i've seen on that site in a long time simply because of jeff's reactions to how weird and unpolished the game looks

the writing seems bad and amateurish. it may be too early to call that one, as the writing could get really good later on, and/or the characters will grow on you

forbes has a good piece up about not judging the game based on first impressions since historically these games have been a bit of a slow burn. that's probably advice worth taking to heart