Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectIt is hilarious.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=300570&mesg_id=300596
300596, It is hilarious.
Posted by wallysmith, Thu Sep-08-16 09:57 AM
Thanks for proving my point. Your immediate sentiment is that I'm "mad" at Apple, but I have spent exactly zero dollars on Apple in the past five years.

My actual point is just how consumer unfriendly their practices are but because people have so much personal and financial investment in Apple already they have no choice but to accept it. And they know that their most fervent supporters will DEFEND those practices. Do you want to actually address that phenomenon or resort to ad hominem attacks again?

> But that adapter is fine - don't think of it as part of the phone - think or it as part of the cord on the headphone jack.

Case in point. So what happens if you want to charge your phone and use the headphone jack at the same time? Oh right, you have to pay $30 for an official Apple charge/3.5mm adapter or pay $25 for an officially licensed third party adapter. Be careful with knockoffs though, Apple has already bricked phones using unlicensed Lightning chargers.

And if you're an audiophile, heaven forbid using your high end headphones that you've been using on multiple devices throughout your home. You'll now also need officially licensed headphones using their proprietary BlueApple™ technology that is supposedly more battery efficient than ever. *rolls eyes*

Again, my point isn't to bash on Apple necessarily, it's to slam shitty asshole anticonsumer practices, regardless of the source. Since those shitty asshole anticonsumer practices happen to line up with a company you adore, you think it's me being irrationally "mad". It's not.

It's fine to love a product but criticize the company, they're not mutually exclusive.