Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI get it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=299322&mesg_id=299381
299381, I get it...
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Mar-30-16 11:33 AM
For some of the folks here who have turned their OKP fame into real-life fame it makes sense that Twitter is a place to expand their reach and be read by more people.

The boards have slowed down quite a bit over the years, especially over the last four years or so. (man, I feel old typing that) For people to meet new people, they need to go away and branch out I suppose.

And Twitter is where every big news story breaks and it's a reading tweets come in from a real-time event is a feature that it does really well.

It seems you use it for that reason too.

It's an extroverted medium, at least as much as a computer will allow. Lots of people try and say the most audacious thing, just to get more follows or more re-tweets. Also, it's really hard to have educated and nuanced conversations there.

But you're right. There's no real sense of community on there. It seems like it's a bad comedy show at times, where the comic goes on rants and random people go back at the comic. You tweet something out and you have to reply back with people who you don't know their intention or personality.

The misogyny and racism and crude talk there makes it a hostile place at times and it doesn't help that Twitter hasn't been great at banning people for offensive content.