Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectThis is a special game. A buggy, special game.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=299174&mesg_id=300331
300331, This is a special game. A buggy, special game.
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Aug-09-16 01:17 AM
Let's get the bad out of the way:

This shit has crashed on me twice. It's not overheating the system (the fans aren't even really active), so it's not taxing PS4 itself. I haven't needed to reboot the machine, but the game has frozen up and sent me back to the menu.

That's pretty rare and a major concern.

Aside from that, there are some frame rate dips. Nothing Bethesda bad, but definitely noticeable.

BUT YO, if you thought all this shit was was a AAA budget indie ass indie game, you're goddamned right.

I know that's going to be a turnoff for a lot of y'all, but I'm in love already. This shit is NOT for everybody and WILL be divisive.

The closest comparisons I can make so far are Don't Starve (without the permadeath) and Far Cry (without the story campaign). There's definitely story here, but it seems to just be optional and side-questy for the most part.

I'm barely an hour in, though. I'm only typing this shit up because of the last crash. They need to iron the kinks out because I'm ready to live in this game.