Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectAfter viewing the NMS marketing campaign I understand the price now...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=299174&mesg_id=299205
299205, After viewing the NMS marketing campaign I understand the price now...
Posted by Kira, Mon Mar-14-16 04:48 PM
>So why should Call of Duty be worth 60 and not this?
>
>Explain this to me, other than the fact that it's "indie"

Call of Duty is priced at $60 because the market accepts that price. It has a robust multiplayer campaign, extensive single player campaign with high production values, quality soundtrack that costs a lot of money to produce, server costs to support millions of players across the world, downloadable content and season passes. FYI, I don't buy Call of Duty games past the one that started the trend of yearly releases on the PS3. The game is worth at most $42 to me.

No Man's Sky is worth $60 because of the marketing campaign, the comic book, development time, and the collector's editions. I don't see $60 of content in the form of in-game cutscenes, lore, factions, trading, in-game economy, and production values. It would be one thing if the developers added a legit in-game economy, factions, lore, and increased the overall production values found in the game as a way to get to $60.

I talk all this shit but I'll play the game when it releases at some point.