Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectAll of a sudden isn't our fault though. That was Capcom's decision
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=298857&mesg_id=300042
300042, All of a sudden isn't our fault though. That was Capcom's decision
Posted by spenzalii, Sat Jul-02-16 05:11 PM
Let me try to explain it like this: If I went to the arcade to play, I'd be looking forward to and expecting head 2 head play. However, if nobody is there to play me, I'm not paying to play a training stage or a one round survival game.

Sometimes you don't want to or cannot play online, but you do want to be able to play through the game with some sense of beating it on some level, just like every other iteration of SF there ever has been. Not implementing this just seems absurd.

To be fair, it's not just Capcom and SF either. Other games focus mainly on the online functionality with little to no regard for any single player gameplay. While I'm all for the communal aspect of gaming and wished arcades were still a thing in the States (D&B's doesn't count), the multiplayer experience shouldn't come at the expense of the single player experience.

I still like SFV. Still play it. I'm upgrading my fightsticks so they work natively on the PS4. Still think the core of the game is really REALLY good for a host of people, novice to grand master. But there's little chance this will get nearly as much play as SFIV, or any version of SF (save for SFIII) I've played.