Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Capcom can eat a bag of baby dicks at this point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=298857&mesg_id=300040
300040, RE: Capcom can eat a bag of baby dicks at this point
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Jul-02-16 01:18 PM
I still have love for the game because I REALLY like the base game, how they tried to 'simplify' things on the surface while sneakily loading some things in there if you play it long enough. I don't love how people approach things with some characters, but whatever..it's like that on every game. IE: I generally hate pattern/set play cats who masturbatorily play every round the exact same way no matter what is going on.

Offline is still a mess. And it is an easy problem to solve. I don't even need a 'typical' arcade mode. Can a brother just get a versus mode where I can mess around with certain match-ups vs the computer? The one-round training mode does NOT give you a shot at working through true fight situations where you keep your meter more than a round.

And I don't love having to 'setup scenarios' with a training dummy to practice certain stuff. I don't think anything prepares you for how much the average person tries to jump in on anyone without a DP (IE: Birdie).

And Survival is still a shit show with how the computer goes input read cheeze at some point in the mix and you're stuck having to change your game to something bare to try to get though it only to get ambushed anyway somewhere between 30 and 50 for the lawse. Don't start me on the 'low' energy power-up when you're hurting.

And since Casual is where people go with their mains to actually be able to finish fights without inferior/scummy players quitting on them to save their undeserved points in Ranked, you can't exactly go in there and truly 'experiment' with characters you're horrible with (IE: me with everyone except Shoto Bros, Birdie, and a lil Mika).

>Story mode looks nice (nice-ish), but it isn't a substitute
>for a regular arcade mode, which it still needs in my (and
>others) opinion. If you take that story arc and use that as a
>basis for the arcade mode, it would have been great.
>Definitely would have taken longer, as every character arc
>would need to be fleshed out, but there would at least be a
>decent offline mode for players that has always been part of
>the SF franchise.
>
>I get the e-Sports angle. I get wanting this to be the big
>draw for Evo. I get arcades aren't a thing anymore, and that
>H2H live competition is a core component. Lord knows the
>money I shoveled into SFII cabs when it was first released.
>But honing your skills against the CPU is also a big part of
>ANY fighting game, which this one still lacks. You don't get
>the same sense of accomplishment in training mode as you would
>in arcade mode, where even if you aren't against live
>competition, you feel like you accomplishes something. As for
>H2H play, online connection speeds are still suspect, and for
>a good deal of players online isn't a viable optiion for a
>number of reasons. Capcom took a piss on that entire
>contingent, for better or worse.
>
>I'm kinda happy they get major TV coverage, I really am. At
>the same time, my enjoyment of the game is quite low, and my