Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectYes! Loved it!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=297718&mesg_id=297721
297721, Yes! Loved it!
Posted by Paps_Smear, Thu Oct-08-15 11:36 AM
Let me get this out of the way first, I'm a huge fan of anything horror, so maybe I'm bias. That being said, I certainly don't love every horror game and realize that a lot of them are trash.

If you enjoyed games like TellTales The Walking Dead, also keep in mind this is even more interactive and also your choices seem to matter a bit more.

This thing borrows a lot from the horror genre. If you're a fan you'll be able to pick out different styles that lie within all the sub-genres of horror flicks. Some characters you'll hate, others you'll pull for the entire time. There are ways to make them nicer, or to make them a complete asshole.

Anyone can die. Depending on how you play, you can either have them all live, some can die, or no one can survive. The game gives you subtle hints at how you can maybe let someone live. Trying to be Mr. Nice guy non stop thinking you'll get the best ending? Won't work. Some choices you may have to be a dick, and being the nice guy will either get you or someone else killed.

The story narrative will remain the same, as in there is always one common way to the ending. What changes is how you get there. Meaning if you no longer have someone alive then your interactions and how you get from one point to another will change. Think sort of like Heavy Rain where one choice can change a lot of how you get through the game.

This is one of the best story style choice your own adventure games I've played. If you're into that type of thing, I can't recommend this game enough. Especially if you're a fan of horror.

Edit: As far as how I did. Everyone lived with the exception of one person. The thing that I liked about it is one mistake I thought was super minor resulted in that person being killed. If you don't have a PS4 this is the perfect game to watch a Lets Play video of because it plays like a movie. Also, with the twist and turns in this, I feel like it does a better job of being scary than most movies I've seen lately.

Sony stated that they didn't really advertise this game and I think they're going to even more this Holiday season. It's a fantastic PS exclusive that really needs more shine.