Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: not feeling the consumable healing/parrying items in this game
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=295078&mesg_id=299230
299230, RE: not feeling the consumable healing/parrying items in this game
Posted by Paps_Smear, Wed Mar-16-16 06:25 AM
You may be trying to parry way too much if that's the case. I honestly only used my parry when I needed to top off health since when stunned and you hold down your heavy attack you can gain health when you follow up. The smaller dudes I'd dodge, the big guys that swing the bricks at you I'd try to parry.

Reminder you are starting off with a weapon that many consider the hardest weapon to start out with so that may be playing a little more into it as well. I've seen some people save that weapon for another playthrough. You may already know this but I focused on drawing the larger groups out and funneling them to an area where I can deal with them one on one like into a doorway, especially in that area you're in.

If you're running that low on your healing item then use your blood echos to buy them in the hunters dream until you're maxed out instead of just farming them off enemies, that ish takes forever. Do you have access to the blunderbuss? I could parry like crazy with that thing.

The area you're in is rough, and that dude at the top of the tower is not to be messed with, but he's easier than the hunter you'll find below, save that ish for later. Just remember when you climb to the top that both of you can fall, and I damn sure cheesed the shit out of him because he wrecked me quite a few times. I didn't find it as much as a grind as you are but I also started off with the saw blade so that may be why. Keep pushing though.