Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectIt does a few things
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=293239&mesg_id=300667
300667, It does a few things
Posted by Paps_Smear, Tue Sep-13-16 04:23 PM
You have a hidden MMR that you never see.

It bleeds over from quick match as well. If you're absolutely horrendous in QM then you'll be sort of placed with people along those lines in competitive.

Have another friend who went 3-7 and got low silver. The man can't buy a win. Why? Because he's not that good. When we que up with him in QM we get the worse teams sometimes because its taking into account his hidden MMR. Sometimes we play with people that are like just level 20, this dude is level 160. When he leaves the team and we que up again we're playing at people who are around our level again.

The system knows just how good you are solo even though they still want you to win games as a team. I will say that it can balance it out for the most part.

A few tips on competitive that I'll tell anyone is avoid weekends and holidays. The kids being off and also the adults who can only play a game or two on the weekends are out in abundance and can hurt your chances of having a decent team that doesn't troll. I only play competitive on the weekdays and have been really fortunate to be on great teams where everyone works together and knows how to counter pick other heroes.