Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectIf you're playing competitive mode don't be an asshole
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=293239&mesg_id=300031
300031, If you're playing competitive mode don't be an asshole
Posted by Paps_Smear, Thu Jun-30-16 07:35 AM
I understand you want to play Hanzo and lob random arrows and hope you get hits because the arrow hitbox is so huge.

You also know that normally you do poorly with him. Don't fucking use him in competitive! Save that shit for quick match. In competitive play to your strengths. You're a great Solider 76 that can wipe out the entire enemy team? Sweet, use him! You can heal your ass off as Lucio? Then use him in competitive because you're helping your team out by playing a character you KNOW you're good at.

I placed pretty damn good in my placement matches, the few losses I did have I noticed that people on my team were not smart enough to switch characters to counter what the other team had. Someone wanting to play Widowmaker on attacking and only hitting one out of ten shots. Someone wanting to play D.Va and not switching when she's not the most effective tank in the game at the moment. All this can lead to the rest of the team hating your guts.

The great thing about this mode is more people talk. I've added so many folks to my friends list recently because of this. A team of strangers that communicate will almost certainly beat a team that doesn't say a single word and just picks whoever. Coordination is key, especially when it comes to using your ults.