Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Vox is great, better than I expected.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=289638&mesg_id=290729
290729, RE: Vox is great, better than I expected.
Posted by Rolo_Tomasi, Thu Jun-12-14 06:26 PM
Vox is definitely a website I am checking on a regular basis. They are my go to whenever there is a big issue or topic I want to know more about with current events. I hope they get more readers and momentum.

538, agree that they are insufferable data nerds. The problem is when you are Nate Silver and you start dissing every other traditional journalists articles as boring you know you aren't gong to get much support from the journalist community when your new site isn't doing too well.

I don't even bother to surf 538 at all after seeing a few stories and finding them all boring. Has NYTimes's web traffic declined now they aren't hosting Nate?

The elections later this year might help the 538 website but realistically he'll have to wait until the next presidential election in 2016 and thats a long wait. Plus all other news websites will have their analytics teams in place to ape what Nate did so well previously.

Anyway Nate Silver must have made $$$ with the deal from ABC/Disney. I know they were going to try and replicate the success of Grantland (which I like a lot too) but clearly 538 hasn't been able to achieve this.