Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectyou definitely have to monitor use or it becomes a crutch
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=284649&mesg_id=302039
302039, you definitely have to monitor use or it becomes a crutch
Posted by RobOne4, Wed Mar-29-17 04:21 PM
when we would go out my wife would always make sure to have a movie ready to go on her phone. It might be dinner or anything when our son would get bored and antsy. I fought it. Let him be bored once in a while it wont kill him. Bring a book or a toy instead. Let his imagination go. Cut to several years later and he is no longer the only child in the extended family. He has cousins who are a few years younger. I swear I refuse to go out to dinner or anywhere in public with them all together. If they dont have a phone in front of them they are fucking maniacs. Parents rely on that ipad or iphone to babysit them. Once it is out of their hands they go wild. My son has always been very active. Loves going outside and playing sports. But if I were to let him play on his ipad as long as he wants I guarantee you he would sit on that thing all day long. Its easy to see how kids who are not active can get sucked into that shit. Parents have got to stop being lazy.