Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectBut seriously. GTAV has shitty woman characters.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=284509&mesg_id=285871
285871, But seriously. GTAV has shitty woman characters.
Posted by PlanetInfinite, Tue Sep-17-13 03:01 PM
I can't think of a redeeming quality of any one main female character or quest giver. Even Brucie gets a chance to kinda reverse-redeem himself by gaining some sympathy.

And she's right. GTA has an issue with addressing sexism toward women (Maibatsu Monstrosity commercials were good at tuning into the BIG MAN NEED BIG CAR narrative and how ridiculous it is yet they don't underscore how wrong sexism and misogyny toward women is wrong.)

She doesn't even have an issue with the misogyny in the game persay. She has a problem with the way it's addressed. It's almost as if it's just left out there to fester rather than some script beat to say how ridiculous some of the shit sounds when it's addressed.

I mean. Men can stomp and cry about feminists (or just women, overall) all they want but they do make up a large chunk of the gaming populace. Might as well address it somehow.

Sidenote: She doesn't even mention what political message she's expecting or wants. She's just saying that it's inconsistent. It's probably reflective of our society as well as a meta satire joke (because America is the most politically hypocritical nation in the world) but like I said above, I haven't played it yet.

I'll see I guess.

i'm out.