Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectTRIALS EVOLUTION!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=270988
270988, TRIALS EVOLUTION!!!!
Posted by WesLexner, Thu Apr-19-12 06:46 AM
WHOS COPPING. I LIKE IT SO FAR BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THEY MADE IT A LOT EASIER THAN THEN LAST ONE, ALTHOUGH IM ONLY ON THE MEDIUM COURSES RIGHT NOW.
270989, RE: TRIALS EVOLUTION!!!!
Posted by WesLexner, Thu Apr-19-12 07:31 AM
BROTHERSKEEPER I SEEN YOU ON YESTERDAY!!!
LOQUENT I KNOW YOU HAD TRIALS HD!!!
270991, anyone else getting connection errors?
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu Apr-19-12 10:21 AM
the error dialog box pops up every time I cross the finish line. I am most definitely connected to Xbox live. Its pissing me off because it blocks out the animations at the end.
271006, RE: anyone else getting connection errors?
Posted by WesLexner, Thu Apr-19-12 10:24 PM
YUP AND YUP
270994, mr. fuck you man
Posted by L_O_Quent, Thu Apr-19-12 12:10 PM
got it this morning and so it's officially time for war.
271007, RE: mr. fuck you man
Posted by WesLexner, Thu Apr-19-12 10:25 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FEELINGS STILL HURT FROM SEEING MY NAME AS NUMBER 1 ON MOST OF YOUR LISTS LOL
270998, goddammit I thought I was going to get something done tonight...
Posted by celery77, Thu Apr-19-12 04:47 PM
271008, it's taking me too long / offering me no challenge to get my A license
Posted by celery77, Thu Apr-19-12 11:22 PM
I just played through ~90m, getting gold on 80%+ of the tracks I completed, and I'm STILL not up on my A license. only tracks I even needed to really redo were a few fun ones in the Medium range where I earned silver first try but decided to go back through to get the clean run for gold.

and I REALLY don't like the rotating tracks. it's a 2D game, that rotation shit just confuses me about my landing.

and the art direction in the old one was better, even if it was more simple.

hopefully the later tracks kick it up a notch (I'd speak on them, but it's taking me FOREVER to get there, never mind all my medals from my previous save...), but right now this feels like a watered down expansion.
271009, RE: it's taking me too long / offering me no challenge to get my A license
Posted by WesLexner, Thu Apr-19-12 11:25 PM
YEAH, I AGREE 100%
271013, did you see any reviews?
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Apr-20-12 06:20 AM
They all mentioned the more lenient beginning levels. Later levels are still insanely difficult though. Makes sense to try and get new players and not scare them off immediately with the difficulty.
271019, didn't see reviews + it's not they're too easy, there's too many
Posted by celery77, Fri Apr-20-12 09:21 AM
like I thought I'd be on my A license after playing as much as I did last night, but I still have to pass a few # of tracks yet just to earn it.

I mean, I still love this game, I'll likely still be getting golds all over on it, but I was just getting a little tired on my first playthru with not getting to a real challenge, even though I played it for a while.
271034, I got my A license easily
Posted by L_O_Quent, Sat Apr-21-12 07:50 AM
I don't even worry about perfecting tracks until I've unlocked everything then go back and destroy anyone who thinks they are anyone. The point is you need to try other game modes like the Skill and Tourney's in order to get enough medals to move on.

step your game up bitches.
271045, Lol @ the Limbo track.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sun Apr-22-12 01:32 AM
271047, RE: Lol @ the Limbo track.
Posted by WesLexner, Sun Apr-22-12 06:53 AM
I LOVED THE LIMBO TRACK. THAT WAS LIKE THE FIRST SEMI HARD ONE THOUGH LOL.
271048, the Limbo track is sick
Posted by L_O_Quent, Sun Apr-22-12 07:53 AM
271065, game got fun again once they finally gave me my Phoenix back
Posted by celery77, Mon Apr-23-12 11:59 AM
still think it took to long to unlock it, but once I had it back, I remembered why I love this game.
274473, Just Copped- man my hand is cramped!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Mon Aug-06-12 12:28 PM
I never played the first one, but the game is insanely fun, but some of the tracks get super freakin' difficult.

I was getting gold and silver on most of the tracks, then I was just happy to complete some of the tracks. Nowhere near my A license yet.

The freakin' Gigatrack is my nemesis!!!!!!!!! So many spots to memorize what type of acceleration and landing are needed, and it never freakin' ends. I easily spent like an hour trying to even finish it.

But it's a great time waster...

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
-George Clinton