Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectMeh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=270346&mesg_id=270357
270357, Meh
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Mar-28-12 05:51 PM
I’m honestly not mad at them for the used game issue. Between piracy and not seeing any profit on a used game, they kinda have to do something. Letting developers implement their own strategies has been a clusterfuck thus far, so it makes sense to step in.

The part that grinds my gears is the fact that it may be required to have the console always connected to the internet in order to play games. Isn’t the stat something like only 50-60% of users even bother doing this? Seems like a huge market to cut off, especially in the US where there are tons of rural places with shitty internet. Heck, even my Comcast internet in the city the company is headquartered at can suck sometimes.

I'm not too worried tho since I think this might be the last generation for me buying all the systems. I’d rather spend my money on other hobbies and video games have gotten kinda dull in the last year or so.

If Sony’s solution is stupid, I may turn to MS for the next gen. If they both suck, fuck it, I’ll invest in some more camera gear.