Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectThe Magic Trackpad is a product that should not exist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=270172&mesg_id=270571
270571, The Magic Trackpad is a product that should not exist
Posted by Nopayne, Wed Apr-04-12 10:09 PM
When they first announced this thing I couldn't figure out why people were going nuts over it. It just seemed like people were fawning over yet another useless toy.

After using this thing for about a week I think I get it. Apple's mice and laptop trackpads are so shitty that this thing actually seems decent by comparison. It has better gesture recognition than the mouse and is more spacious than the built in keyboard.

That said, this product should not exist. It's actually pretty annoying to use. The pairing process is terrible. It seems like I have to redo the process every few days. Also, although the gesture recognition is improved it still sucks. The two finger side swipe gesture only works 2 our of 3 times. Deplorable. Another problem is that it's not very stable on my desktop. There can't be any papers aren't it or it gets wobbly or starts to shift from under my hand. Lastly, the ergonomics need work My thumb constantly misses the click area because it ends up not extending as low as expected.

The rational move would be to build a better mouse. Instead Apple opted to invent a third slightly less shitty input method.

I highly suggest buying this gadget if you've decided to limit yourself to only Apple input devices for some idiotic reason.