Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectAfter 50+ hours in this game... My pros and cons...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=251297&mesg_id=265840
265840, After 50+ hours in this game... My pros and cons...
Posted by ansomble, Mon Nov-21-11 11:58 AM
CONS:
-The old Dwemer city ruins are the most boring (so far, haven't explored all of them) although they do have one of the most intimidating enemies in the game, the Dwemer Guardian.

-There are ALOOOOT of fetch quests. : (

-The AI is still plenty stupid. Some AI constructs are new and work well; guards sorta recognizing your face if you escape capture for a bounty in a town and return "Hey, I think I know you...", humanoid enemies falling to their knees and retreating, and some of the harder enemy patterns are dope like the Wispmothers deploying shades. Like shooting someone with an arrow from sneak, them getting up and looking around and whatnot and upon staying hidden long enough they go back to 'everything is fine, I guess I'm hearing things' mode. Like what? You just got split with a fucking arrow, come fucking find who SHOT you. At least stay on alert the whole time. Batman AA did great work with enemy reactions to stealth attacks, they freaked out, they tried to stay in corners, it was great. I'd like to have seen people take a defensive position or lose their cool or even collute with one another on what to do. Maybe aggressive animals try to scurry off if they didn't know where the sneak arrow came from, I mean what bear/wolf/rat runs in the direction they get shot to find a hidden attacker? I'd like to see enemies pull out torches to find you in the darkness, mages use spells to find you... there's just so much they could have done if they really tried.

Plus I've watched enemies just stand in firey oil slicks when I've shot lanterns down, no one makes an effort to get out of the raging conflagration they're posted up in.

PROS:

-All the new animations are great especially the sprint animation with two one handed weapons eequipped. The running and sprinting animation with two spells equipped is really wierd though.

-EVERYTHING ELSE.

50+ hours in and I still haven't even VISITED three of the major cities, Falkreath, Dawnstar, and Malacar or whatever it's called near Solitude.