Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectthis is an incredibly well-made game. fun, too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=241406&mesg_id=270996
270996, this is an incredibly well-made game. fun, too
Posted by bearfield, Thu Apr-19-12 04:40 PM
the story isn't particularly interesting, nor are the characters ...or the setting or the enemies. it's not that these things are generic. just... uninspired? standard?

but none of that really matters because this game plays like a dream. i can't remember feeling so in control of the avatar despite all the chaos happening on screen since...? nothing comes to mind, really. maybe super meat boy. or bayonetta

i feel like i'm still learning the nuances of the systems but i'm becoming more confident in my abilities (shooter skills are mad rusty) and am progressing from playing it like a GeOW-ish 3rd person shooter (i understand your score is penalized for hanging out behind cover for too long) and more like the devs probably intended: constantly moving, melee-ing, switching weapons, making the most of bullet time, etc. very aggressive

it looks like this game fell through the cracks of HT. it sat on my shelf for about a year. but it's like $10 in your local bargain bin these days