Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectLoving the Plantronics BackBeat Fit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=235327&mesg_id=293563
293563, Loving the Plantronics BackBeat Fit
Posted by Rolo_Tomasi, Sat Nov-22-14 11:56 AM
I'm glad I made this purchase and the BackBeat Fit are a complete luxury when exercising when you don't have to worry about any cord getting tangled or caught or coming loose. I had been on the fence for a month regarding whether to buy the Plantronics BackBeat Fit and instead bought some $10 Sony headphones which go around the shape of your ear and then putting the cord inside my kit when running. They worked well enough. However, I've just had a birthday and some surprise cash came my way so I purchased the blue BackBeat Fit which had been slightly reduced in price.

The sound quality is excellent and far better than any headphones I've been using in recent years (except my Bose noise cancelling). Clear and no drop outs. I use an arm band for my iPhone while using the BackBeat Fit.

Using these headphones while running has been a revelation and I know I'll also use them on the Concept 2 Rowing Machine and while lifting weights.

The downside for many people will be the loose fitting strap which goes behind the head. I thought this would be a major annoyance for me but when running i've not even noticed it. The strap would be loose and would bob on the back of the head for everyone. I don't consider it enough of a negative factor to stop me recommending the BackBeat Fit .

I've only had them for a couple of days so I haven't fully tested them out for battery life and other features like how easy it is to take calls with them on or switching tracks (i tend to exercise with a playlist already loaded). I did find myself still wearing them around the house after i had finished exercising which I hadn't thought I'd do.

In addition the pouch that comes as a holder for the headset can be inverted inside out and be used as an arm band and soft case that you can tuck and zip up your iPhone/handset in. However, it would be a little bulky yet its size would also allow you to put car keys/house keys etc... inside the case.

These headphones are going to make going to the gym and exercising more enjoyable. The luxury of not having a cord while working out can not be underestimated. Bluetooth FTW.