Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectDidn't mean worst game this generation...I just thought it would be a lot better.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=233421&mesg_id=239791
239791, Didn't mean worst game this generation...I just thought it would be a lot better.
Posted by ju1ce43, Mon Aug-09-10 03:13 PM
>More than Lair? Haze? Dark sector? Brutal Legend? Bionic
>commando? Too Human? Vikings? Anything with Aliens/Predators?
>Backbreaker? Really?!?

I haven't actually played any of the games listed above, so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't too fantastic. Seems like there's a split of opinion on Brutal Legend, and that was the only one that I even considered buying, but if I remember a bunch of good games came out around that time, so I just never ended up picking that one up.

>Eh... To each their own. I think KZ2 is a solid shooter with a
>strong MP if you actually play it. The controls are a tad
>heavy but I like might shooters to move like Source engine
>games, MW2 speed is too crackheady. Borderlands controls (save
>vehicles) is just right IMHO.

I just could not get into the MP. Whenever I played with friends, it was a bitch to get onto their teams, and from there on out it just seemed like a mess whenever I ran the 4 miles it took to get back into the action. The covering mechanic was shitty and the controls just didn't seem accurate. I don't know, it's probably just because I am conditioned on playing the more accurate shooting FPS games, so I guess that's just my preference. This was really one of the first FPS's I played in a long time where I couldn't stand controlling the guy. Firing the gatling gun thing in SP was bad-ass though.

I think another thing that led to such disappointment was how well reviewed the game was before it came out, so when I finally got to playing it I was a bit let down. But like you said, it could simply just be a matter of opinion. I couln't get into the controls, and to me that's probably the most important aspect of FPS. Just saying.